Metal Forming Simulation Technology: The fastest, most cost-effective tool you can use in today’s competitive metal forming industry.
What challenges are you facing today?
- Tighter margins?
- Shorter development and launch timelines?
- Underestimating job quotes?
- High defect and scrap rates?
- Development costs too high to risk trying innovative ideas?
- Tooling failures?
Almost all major metal forming companies now use the power of simulation to help manage these challenges.
DEFORM™ finite element simulations of metal forming processes empower designers and engineers with the inside information they need to bring innovative designs to market faster and with less cost. In a matter of days, Tkach can generate a simulation of your process, opening the door to increased profit margins, fewer defects, and shorter time to market.
Tkach can combine the experience and art of your shop floor team with the power of technology.
Flash Trim Operation
Process simulation gives design engineers the freedom to experiment with high risk, innovative ideas. It provides guidance on crucial quote/no quote decisions, giving the confidence to bid on potentially lucrative, difficult parts. Or, decide against parts that are potentially problematic.
It gives you the freedom to try tool designs and progressions. You can even identify the root causes of defects and investigate design alternatives. With simulation, you can optimize process designs before you ever hit the first part.
Process simulation helps your company save money:
- Reduce lead times – quote more accurate timelines
- Reduce scrap rates – ship more of the parts produced and get paid for parts shipped
- Reduce tool failures – keep the press running more often, rather than stopping for tool changes
- Reduce material costs – optimized progressions mean more of the material goes to your customer, and less to the scrap bin
Simulation yields important details about your process:
- Predict and optimize forming loads – select the right press for the job
- Evaluate die fill and finished part dimensions
- Predict laps, folds, and cold-shuts
- Optimize material utilization by minimizing flash, forming closer to net shape
- Understand the root cause of tool failures, and investigate alternative designs
- Predict and reduce ductile fracture in cold forming
- Study grain flow
Simulation predicts process behavior on the computer before beginning the process on the shop floor.
Tkach creates a custom computer simulation of your process. In the completed simulation, you’ll be able to observe material flow, tool load, defect formation, and much more.
Thread Rolling Simulation
Connecting Rod Simulation (showing incomplete fill)
With metal forming simulation, Tkach can provide the access to technology which allows for quantitative in-depth studies of hot, warm and cold forming, trimming, shearing, rolling, bending and drawing processes and much more.
The versatility of metal forming simulations covers forged products in Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Off-Road / Heavy Equipment, Fasteners, Medical Devices, and Energy. Simulation technology is at the forefront of metal forming industries worldwide.
- Hot Forging
- Ring Rolling
- Thread Rolling
- Thermal Analysis
- Cold Forging and Forming
- Warm Forging
- Heat Treatment Analysis
- Tool Stress Analysis
Below are images of a ‘Flash-Trim Operation.’ Here, the material around the formed part is trimmed away, and the final part is ejected below the die. Tkach offers simulation techniques that analyze specific details of material stress and deformation during such operations. An animation of this process is shown to the right.